Some of your most important tasks as a dog owner include feeding your dog and providing him with veterinary care. What many dog owners fail to realize, however, is that naming their dog is a big responsibility as well. The name you choose for your Labrador should be easy for her to learn and it should fit her personality. To give you some ideas, consider the following names:
- Lucy – The name Lucy is short and sweet without being cutesy – this makes it a perfect fit for a loving and gentle breed like the Labradoodle. This name has been in use since the Middle Ages, making it a very old name perfect for a dog with an old soul like the Labradoodle.
- Pepsi – This name brings to mind a dog with a bubbly personality and a love for fun, just like the Labradoodle. It is also particularly fitting for dogs with dark-colored coats to match the color of the beverage.
- Ginger – This name is perfect for a Labradoodle with yellow, tan, or golden fur. Not only is it an apt description of her color, but the name Ginger is cute with just the right degree of zing – perfect for a lively Labradoodle.
- Willow – The willow tree is beautiful yet strong, just like the Labradoodle breed. This name brings to mind the image of a lovely tree that can bend without breaking and it is perfect for the Labradoodle, a dog that is incredibly patient and always loving, no matter what.
- Layla – The translation of this Arabic name means “dark beauty” or “night” which is perfect for a Labradoodle with a dark-colored coat. It also brings to mind the story of the angel Layla who guides Abraham in the biblical story.
- Bella – Translated from the Italian word for “beautiful”, this name is a great description of the Labradoodle’s personality as well as her appearance. With curly fur and a gentle demeanor, the Labradoodle is certainly beautiful inside and out.
- Precious – If you are looking for the perfect name to describe the Labradoodle’s temperament and personality, Precious is a great fit. This name is ideal for a dog with a friendly and loving nature and it is an apt description of how important your dog is to you!
- Allie – This name is a Celtic name meaning “harmony” or “noble” and it is a good fit for the Labradoodle. These dogs will live in harmony with your family and their Poodle blood gives them an air of nobility without being pretentious.
- Trixie – If you want a name that perfectly describes the Labradoodle’s temperament and personality, go with Trixie. This name translates from the Latin for “bringer of joy” which is exactly what your Labradoodle will do.
- Grace – This name brings to mind a dog with a patient and loving personality – a dog that gets along well with children and with people of all ages. All of these things describe the Labradoodle perfectly.
You do not necessarily have to choose a name from this list but if you are struggling to come up with ideas for naming your Labradoodle, these names may be a good place to start. Don’t be afraid to wait a few days to name your puppy – spend some time getting to know her and the perfect name may present itself.
Photo credit: Kimmy/Flickr