Keep yer Paws Crossed - Labradoodle Forums

Labradoodle-Dogs.net is the premier Labradoodle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Keep yer Paws Crossed

DRC is having our first PilotsNPaws rescue flight occur today, Clyde is a sweet, lovable big black F1 LD who has been languishing in a dog shelter in Iowa for 6 months!!! A victim of the "Big Black Dog Syndrome".
Yesterday a pilotsNpaws volunteer pulled him for us, overnight fostered him at home, and will bring him to the airfield, along with an nice new red collar and leash, as well as shiny new crate. A lovely volunteer pilot from Pittsburgh will start the ferrying process to eventually get him to an east coast DRC foster home, where he can be assessed, nurtured, coached and then adopted out to his very own family. I'm so excited, this flight has taken 2 weeks of planning....... It is an absolutely awesome service PilotsNPaws provides, volunteering their time, planes, and fuel to save animals in need.
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: Keep yer Paws Crossed

Quote:
A victim of the "Big Black Dog Syndrome".
I hate when I hear this so much! I purposely got a "Bad, Bad Leroy BROWN/BLACK"!!

I am soooooo glad you were able to rescue poor Clyde....... God! That makes me so sad!!
lindamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jac

I love happy endings! I know that LeRoy will find the love he deserves...sounds like a lot of love is already pouring out for him. Good job!
Jac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

How amazing! PilotsNPaws sounds like a terrific program. Please keep us updated!

Black dog sydrome - heard it before and HATE it! Lab rescues here have made months dedicated to focusing on adopting out their black labs. I wouldn't trade my Big Ole Black Tank-a-Doodle for anything!

SamsonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Our big black goofball doodle Clyde has been sprung from jail and flown halfway across the country by PilotsNPaws. A PNP volunteer in Cedar Rapids area helped initiate the process by pulling our boy from the shelter and fostering him overnight, then driving him to the airfield the next morning. The trip was initially planned to be 3 legs, each 250-300miles/pilot. However, the weather over Iowa wasn't cooperating and the first leg pilot is not yet instrument certified. The sky visibility was too poor to fly without instruments. Just as we were about to scrub the trip, the second pilot, a delightful man from the Pittsburgh area volunteered to fly BOTH 1st and 2nd legs, and to do that, he first needed to fly to Iowa from Pittsburgh. All total he flew over 1100 miles that day for our rescue effort!!! In Pittsburgh, the first pilot handed over Clyde to the next pilot, tucked him behind the front seat in his travel crate, and flew to Hartford. The last 1 1/2 hrs were very hairy since the weather changed and brought in plenty of wind, fog and rain. I met the plane at the little airport, and Clyde bounded out of the crate, jumped to the ground and wagged his tail so much I thought it would fall off!!
Clyde had been confined at the dog shelter for the past 6 months, and on the car trip from the shelter he vomited on the backseat. I was worried how his tummy would tolerate all that flying. His tummy held out like a champ, for the 8 hrs of flight the pilots never heard a peep from our guy!!
These pilots in the pilotsNpaws program are fantastic!! They are so generous of their time, planes and fuel costs!! All that is free to the rescuer. When Clyde is adopted we plan to make a nice donation to this wonderful 501c charity. Here's a picture of our big guy. By the way, he LOVES to jump up in the air and catch a thrown tennisball in his mouth!!!
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=15105485
Old 11-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jac

Liz, he is so adorable! He looks so happy and by the description he IS happy! Amazing that he can live through what he has and still be happy and trusting...what a total love!
Great program the PilotsNPaws!
Jac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement