Labradoodle Forums banner

HELP! Jack ate raisins!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jodysh 
#1 ·
Well,
We have left Jack out of his crate this week in hopes that we can help him to feel safer when we are out (he hates his crate). Today, he found a bag of cornmeal muffins with raisins and ate 7 of them!!!
I called the vet to report my concern and was told that the toxicity of raisins has no known set toxicity level. It depends on the dog. For some even very small amounts of raisins can cause kidney failure, and for others there are no problems.
I'm worried, obviously. So far Jack is drinking, peeing and pooping, and seems normal.
Has anyone had this experience? I would say that in total Jack may have consumed 1/4 cup of raisins.
:cry:

#2 ·
I have no idea if raisins are more or less toxic than grapes but I never knew dogs can't eat grapes until I started reading everything about dogs before we got our puppy.
My friends cockerspaniel loves to eat pretty much anything and I saw him eating grapes before. Not that my friend feeds him grapes but he steals any food he can get to. He's almost 10 years old and except being overweight is healthy.
I hope your Jack will be alright.
Take care,
Ivana

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.