Labradoodle Forums banner

MA Breeder

18K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  M&Tdoodles 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Im looking into the labradoodle breed. My family and I have always had labs and my older yellow lab just passed away a month ago. We are thinking about a puppy for late spring/early summer and may want try something a little different. We love labs so a labradoodle seems like a good choice. Anyone know of any reputable breeders in Massachusetts area? We are in North Central MA, so any states in the surrounding area could also work too. Even if it was just a breeder to talk about the breed so I could get more info that would be great.

Thanks! Wesley

#2 ·
I'm getting my new puppy soon and I did TONS of research. I felt most secure about searching for a breeder that belonged to one or more of the Labradoodle breeder associations. You find some breeders in MA by searching the links below.

There are two main orgs for Australian Labradoodles in the US. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me. The ALAA also has an international "version" too (not listed here, but easy to find).

http://www.australianlabradoodleaa.org/index.html

http://www.australianlabradoodleclub.us/

This is a less formal source for Goldendoodles and Labradoodles

http://www.goldendoodles.com/breeders.htm

Those are the only ones I know of, but there may be more.

Best tips I can give you...visit the breeder in person if you can, ask to see the actual test reports/lab results for the parents of the puppy, look for a breeder that raises the puppies in his or her home.

#3 ·
Hi and welcome!!
Im so sorry to hear about your dog i know how heartbroken you are

A word of advice, be aware that MOST breeders list are PAID listing and are very biased in most cases

there are lots of breeders out there some better then others,
Just make sure you ask for references and that YOU feel comfortable with the breeder you choose

I have a couple of litters planned for spring/summer we are located VA/WV border ,,i place pups all over the country,
there is loads of info on our site that will help you learn about doodles
Welcome to the wonderful world of doodles
and our little communtity here!!! :)

G
#4 ·
I know this is conflicting info from what Lori said but here's my two sense. And I'll admit up front I did not do nearly as much research as I should of. When I did a search for Maya's breed the breeder I bought her from was the only one that had puppies available at the time. (Maya is a north american retriever---feel free to ask me questions if you like). So I spoke with the breeder and she was willing to work with me on everything so Maya came to live with me. Now that being said my breeder turned out to be an excellent breeder and many other breeder's have purchased pups from her with the intent on breeding. Maya came from Canada by the way and was shipped to me sight unseen (except for pics posted on the internet). So my point is don't be afraid to buy from a breeder that is far away if you feel comfortable with that breeder and like the pups you see.

#6 ·
After 6 months of lurking on the forum, I do have to add to this topic!

We are thrilled to have "Lola" as part of our family, she is a 51/2 month old F1b from Martha and Tom(M+T doodles on the forum) or RIlabradoodles.com.
I was lucky enough to find them located in my own city, let alone my own state!

Martha and Tom are wonderful to work with and we had the pleasure of seeing Lola grow from a one week old puppy till we were able to bring her home at 8 wks. Never has 7 weeks lasted so long. I think I was most impressed w/ the temperment of their 2 dogs (kelsey +kozmo Lola's parents) It was a unique experience, at least for me, to be able to interact w/ the parents of the puppy you are purchasing. We were able to fulfill all three request in our puppy... Allergy friendly...smaller standard size ..and most important a "laid back personality" all in one puppy!!! :)

Patti[/quote]

#7 ·
welcome to both of you!!! Lola is beautiful, by the way!

I have corresponded with several breeders in the MA/New England area and there's a small assn. of breeders and owners here: http://www.godoodles.org/

also, please email me anytime for more specific leads on breeders. There's Martha and Tom, who post here, and there's one in VT that I have worked with, and another one, with Goldendoodles, over towards Lenox, I think, but I'm not sure of the location.

I'd be glad to give referrals if you email me. :D

#9 ·
Thank you everybody for all your helpful comments! I have a few more questions that I could use some help on. In looking at different sites and doing some research, but I still find it hard to distinguish between different types of labradoodles, F1, F1B, multigenerational, australian etc.. If my family ended up purchasing a doodle it would be a standard sized male, preferable any tone of yellow/golden. I like the curly looking coats, with medium length fur, and blocky type head if possible. This probably isnt the best descritption but could any one suggest which generation of doodle would fit this the best??

#10 ·
f1b LD or even some f1 Gd's (golden doodles)
but a good breeder can really help you pick one for you

TEMPERAMENT is extremely important too

#11 ·
breeder first!

Agreed, the Goldendoodle might be your best choice, but as I have said ad nauseum, talk to breeders FIRST and then you'll know where you want to get your puppy. I talk to people all the time who have an idea of the kind of Doodle they want, like you do, but the truth is that they are out there in a host of places, so the first thing I recommend is starting to talk to breeders, and then they/she/he will have a puppy for you.

#14 ·
Well we wish we could be posting today. Thought Kelsey was going into labor last night, but a false alarm, maybe tonight...Wish we could predict precise moments when the blessed event will occur . It would make it so much easier to plan our days...Oh that "mother nature "..always has a mind of her own..
We are so excited again...thanks for the support..

#21 ·
THANK YOU THANK YOU
TO ALL THE WELL WISHES....OMG TALK ABOUT A MAJOR PUPPY FIX....I AM IN LOVE WITH RUFUS MARY...HE HAS TURNED OUT TO BE SO HANDSOME....
I LOVE HIS FACE SAME AS WHEN HE WAS A PUPPY....VERY DIFFERENT LOOK ALL TOGETHER FROM THE REST OF THAT LITTER....
I DIDN''T REALIZE YOU WERE POSTING ALL THE TIME ON HERE...ISN'T IT A WONDERFUL DOODLE FORUM...
SO SO MANY WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND WE "ALL" HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON...the love of our most friendliest of animals on earth...
WELL WE HAVE A "RUFUS THE 2ND" NOW...AS QUINTON (11 YR OLD) CALLS HIM...That brindle isnt quite as brown as Rufie was but time will tell....
Thanks for the updates on Rufus....so BBBBBBrindle beautious!

#23 ·
It's funny. Rufus's groomer tells me the same thing every time I go. She loves his face. Hi eyelashes are incredible. They're not very noticeable in that picture becuase he was overdue for his haircut and his hair was all over his face. I'll have to post a closeup picture when I get a chance. I agree. They are the most loveable dogs.

It must be so amazing having all those puppies to cuddle. They must be adorable to watch play together.

I love going to this forum and seeing all the pictures of everyone's Doodles! They are all so precious. Love the video's too. I wish I had more time to spend on here but I have to get back to cooking dinner for my husband who will be home soon.
Wishing everyone who reads this post a wonderful evening!

G
#24 ·
Congratulations Martha! WOW, 13!!!!! They are beautiful! Looking forward to seeing Rufus the 2nd!
Mary, Rufus is beautiful and he has gotten soooo big! I was in love with Rufus from the 1st time Martha posted his photo (as was half the forum! :lol: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.