Question about a specific breeder... - Labradoodle Forums

Labradoodle-Dogs.net is the premier Labradoodle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question about a specific breeder...

Hey everyone - small world - I found out that my best friend and her husband know the people that own [XXX Labradoodles]- in fact - they are going over there today to visit and see the puppies. It's funny because my friend has teased me unmercifully about wanting a doodle - she says I'm crazy!

I looked at their website - the prices are lower then the other place I was looking - but it seems they have mostly F1' and some F1b's - but I think I really need an F2 - due to the coat and less dander etc... because of my son's asthma. I know there are not guarantees but from what I understand you have a better chance of a wavy/curly fleece coat with an f2. The other place I was looking was Australian multigen doodles... and really I don't care australian vs. american etc etc... but I do think I want an F2.

Anyway - if anyone knows about this breeder or can send me ANY information - I wold really, really appreciate it! Also - if any of you want to take a look at the website and give me some feedback that would be great too ..

Heather

Edit by Mods: Please PM the poster if you want the name of the breeder or the price. Although it was not the posters intention, listing the website, what is available, and price is free advertising, and against forum rules.
texasheathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Question about a specific breeder...

Sorry about that - thanks for editing it for me!!! But yes - I need some advice!! My friend is texting me pictures of adorable puppies.... I'm melting over here... I want to tell her to bring me one home - lol.

Heather
Old 05-31-2010, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

HEATHER........can you PM me? i have friends in TEXAS and one is breeding doodles their prices might be cheaper?
ALSO they are healthy, fully tested, and great temperamented doodles. A member on here has 2 of her doodles and NOW a 3rd
that she is going to breed as well..........she got all her doodles from this breeder she apprentices with.

so PM me ok? and i can then give you my email, get yours and pass on your requests
ALSO THEY MIGHT know of a BREEDER that is reputable in your area.

NOTE: Austral multigens ARE always MORE MONEY . WHY???? cause to breed them you have to get a BREEDING RIGHTS puppy flown
to US and they charge $6000 to $15, 0000 depending on the dam/sire. THUS the reason for higher prices.

NOW CONCENTRATE though on which kind of DOG you love more: labrador retriever or golden retriever personality etc
THEN you choose that kind of doodle

PS i am sorry i am trying to type as fast as I can as I need to eat..........i didn't mean to sound like i am telling you what to do
RATHER I am showing you OPTIONS that are open to you

uncondtional love: what a dog always does for us and humans strive to do but can we?
MaxandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you SO much Annmarie - I have been very confused about the price differences and you just totally cleared it up for me.... they just varied so hugely - I couldn't figure out why.

I have no idea which I like better - lab or golden retriever... sigh.

OK - sending you a PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

heather......i gave you my email address and later today as it's TUESDAY i'll discuss a few breeders with you and/or contacts.
Two in Texas and etc

HERE"s what you do.....
1. what is your lifestyle like, do you go camping hiking alot?
2. OR do you like to do more things like long walks, sit in backyard etc

3. f1's may shed .....but most shed minimally compared to any other dog that sheds. Max one year doesn't shed another year he does
peanut doesn't shed at all but matts easily and has thick wavy to curly fleece coat thus needs to be shaved down at groomers every few months

MAX f1 labradoodle dries in 3o minutes........peanut airdries in 4 hours but if a floor fan is on she hogs it and dries in 3hours then.

4. I like having one of each and BELIEVE me down the line many end up with 2 doodles hahaaaaa not trying to scare you but it happens to some

NOW MAX is a mamma's boy ......goes to everyone, friendly etc but IF MOM isn't going he isn't
PEANUT like a true golden retriever is everybody's friend and will trade me in for the next person in family that wants to pet her

BOTH are GREAT with kids

5. Does anyone have allergies or asthma??????????? we do but MAX is fine for us

NOW even f1' b's can shed but its usually rare to hear of it.........me? i go nuts if i see dog hair but MAX when sheds which is very minimal
it's fuzz balls that collect around baseboards and my house is vacuumed once a week BUT NOTE: for some reason his hair is NOT on our clothes or anything!
just on floor. go figure! (and i am NOT complaing!)

realy really important: OB training classes as Doodles are highly intelligent and need this stimulation with socialization as well.

BOTH are great...........f1b's tend to shed less than f1's , but have more grooming due to coat and matting

i am NOT an expert but there are any in my area with both types and i have had others from this forum visit me for a weekend

ALSO: some breeders do fly puppies others wont if you can't find one in your area

AGain......email me later today as i am really busy till 1pm my time .....12 noon your time

uncondtional love: what a dog always does for us and humans strive to do but can we?
MaxandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Anne Marie -- out doodle shedding (F1) is the same way -- nothing on the clothes or the furniture but we do find big dust bunnies floating along the baseboards......defintely not complaining here either.....I'd take those dust bunnies over the other any day......
Old 06-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Annmarie - I just emailed you - sorry it's so late - just now getting a few moments peace to type something out!

Ok - so for non-shedding I do want an F1b or higher?? An F2... wait - what's an F2 - a doodle crossed with a doodle right?? What kind of coat would I expect with that?? My middle son has asthma - so the less shedding the coat is the better.....

Lifestyle - well we have three kids and we are always on the go - I personally don't camp but my husband is a boy scout leader and my boys are in scouts - and so our future doodle will be able to join them in some of those things - camping etc..... other than that - we like to vacation at state parks and I'm looking forward to bringing our dog with us.... - but on a day to day basis - it will be romps in the backyard with the boys, walks around the neighborhood... rides in the to car here and there... etc etc...

Annmarie - please send me that information of your friend in Texas - that would help me so much! We don't mind to take a little trip to pick up our dog - as long as we can get there and back in a day - we are up for it! We are near Houston...
Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBear's Mom
Anne Marie -- out doodle shedding (F1) is the same way -- nothing on the clothes or the furniture but we do find big dust bunnies floating along the baseboards......defintely not complaining here either.....I'd take those dust bunnies over the other any day......
DITTO on this with Bogart, my F1. We call them tumbleweeds....
Very rarely, if ever, on clothes, yet there are times Bogart sheds a tad more and I will find SOME, not much on me or the bed. But again, that is rare.

As far as Golden Retriver vs Lab.........
I chose a lab over a GR, and this is personal okay.......I don't want to upset anyone as that is not my intent, it's just a personal opinion.
Bogart's mom is an English Yellow Lab.
You know.......these labs can be like a lump on the floor sometimes. It's kinda like the movie FUNNY FARM with Chevy Chase where he winds up with a practically lethargic yellow Lab.
So, Bogart can be like that laid back Lab.........and then the active poodle comes out! So, he can go from a lump to a wild and crazy guy......but can be settled easily especially since he is a service dog.
My experience with GR is that they can be a bit more hyper. Again, I repeat, that is MY observation and I truly am not asking you, Heather or anyone, to choose a lab over a GR based on my observations.
I am more than sure that members here or anywhere can and will dispute that.........and I am not typing this for any confrontation or making a judgement.
I just, personally, like the lab side.
lindamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hey Lindamarie - thanks for the observations...

I was wondering exactly what ARE the personality differences between a lab and a golden retriever?? I really don't know - both dogs are supposed to be really wonderful with kids - and that is what matters most.... although I DID read somewhere that Golden Retrievers are the 3rd highest dog to bite... isn't that odd?? I wonder if it's true. When I was a kid we had a golden retriever that loved me to pieces - but she did bite me once - had to get stitches - I still have a scar on my chin.

I am growing tired of researching doodles and I am ready for some hands on experience - ha ha ha! I'm going to be totally crazy by September.

And - you guys - I do not have a job yet!!! My school district that my kids are in has NO teaching positions open that I'm qualified for!! The neighboring district has only TWO - for which I have applied - but no phone calls yet. I'm starting to stress. If someone would just HIRE me - I would be a FABULOUS teacher - I was a good teacher before - but now I have 7 years experience of being a mother to add to it! I just need an interview!!

Heather
Old 06-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ohhhhhh......good luck in your job search. I understand it well. That happened to me too, so I started applying at private schools and taught in parochial ones.
No.........they don't pay well........but it's SOMETHING!

Yes, GR are awesome dogs! My neighbor, who just moved, had a gorgeous one. But, he was REALLY hyper and jumpedon kids and ripped clothing!
But! She just didn't train Finn well and now he's well over a year old.

I hadn't heard of the GR being the 3rd worse to bite.......but maybe that should help in your decision especially if you were bit!

OH! I edited my post above........I kept saying GD instead of GR for Golden Retriever.
lindamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement